HFAP is the nation’s original healthcare accrediting organization. We’ve been quietly serving the accreditation needs of healthcare facilities hospitals, (acute care and critical access), ASCs, clinical laboratories, and outpatient settings since 1945 and have maintained continuous deeming authority from CMS since that agency’s founding in 1965.
HFAP is user friendly.
- Our accreditation requirements are clearly tied to the corresponding Medicare Conditions of Participation or Conditions for Coverage relevant to the setting.
- Successful accreditation is based on the facility’s ability to correct deficiencies so there is no downside to discovery of issues during the survey process.
HFAP is educationally focused.
- Our surveyors are experienced healthcare professionals who understand the many complexities of a health care facility and help make the survey process more realistic and educational.
- If a deficiency is identified, our surveyors are able to draw from their experience and offer practical solutions, usually on the spot.
HFAP is cost effective.
- The fee for HFAP accreditation is straightforward and because our standards are clear, additional consultations and workshops are available, but not required.
- HFAP accreditation is recognized by the federal government, state departments of public health, insurance carriers and managed care organizations.
Call us at 312.202.8258 to learn more.